Gason is a long standing, rural manufacturing business. Situated in Ararat, at the foot of the Grampians, we produce farming machinery, wood fired heaters and sub-contract engineering services. We are a proud family run business with 71 years’ experience in the industry.
We are currently seeking motivated and experienced individuals to join our Welding Team. The successful applicants will need to have high levels of previous experience, ability to work from engineering drawings, an attention to detail and be able to demonstrate the ability to weld a wide range of different products.
This role is critical to our business and carries a large amount of responsibility. In this role you will be accountable for ensuring that all machinery and products are welded correctly to a high quality standard with fine tolerances.
The job requirements include;
– High level of previous welding experience
– Ability to interpret and fabricate products from engineering drawings
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Ability to work safely and identify potential safety risks
– Experience in fabricating with different types of steel
– Thorough understanding of welder settings
– Problem solving ability
– High level of reliability
– Proactive and positive approach to working
– It would be advantageous, but not mandatory to have;
Trade or related qualification
– Forklift licence
– DO NOT apply for this position if you do not have a medium to high level of welding experience.
If you feel as though you have the skills and experiences to be successful in this role, please don’t hesitate to apply by sending your cover letter and resume to [email protected] or call David Lay for further information.